Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Teenage (?) Ninja Turtles


It's more or less tomorrow so I am going to rant now. Now this is my first rant and it's going to be short as it's just a text entry. 
I would rather have this been a video rant but I'm not quite ready for that yet.  I saw on yahoo news that Michael Bay is going to do a reboot of the teenage mutant ninja turtles. I was going to link to the story, but now It's been replaced with a story about Michael Bay telling the fans they need to chill. Hmmmm ignoring the fans of the franchise, well since I can't link to the original story I'll just impart these word to Bay http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=fLrpBLDWyCI&feature=fvwp.   
Any who the big problem with Michael bays Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is that they aren't going to be mutants are rather aliens.  What the hell, I mean seriously, how do you take out something so fundamental to the characters?
It's in their freaking name. Now ever since the star wars prequels came out people have used the phrase "they raped my childhood" a lot.  Do to it's overuse I hesitate to say that Bay is going to rape my childhood with this God awful change however I will say he has acquired a van and candy.
Now the transformer movies weren’t anything to write home about, but they at least transformed thus staying true to the title. 
Maybe Bay would like to get his hands on some other franchises like star wars, now on a boat. Or Batman, now a vampire, wait DC comics already did that. Oh I know. Jaws, now takes place just outside phoenix Arizona.  Either way the whole idea is just idiotic. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with the turtles, I know it's a silly premise but For God's sake have some respect for your source material.  To wrap up, Mr. Bay I'll simply pass on the wisdom of George Takei,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_QDGdbg-QQ. That's all, end of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment